Kilnsey Fly Fishery 2020
Seniors: Friday 20th March 2020
The Junior fish off will be held on the same day if there are 2 or more junior anglers wanting to participate.
Meeting time: 8.30am at the processing unit
Fishing times: 9am to 3pm, with 1/2 hour for lunch at 12.00
Weigh in: 3.30pm at the processing unit
Winner announced by: 3.45pm
Invitation only. There will be approximately 10 competitors.
Each competitor will have a 3 fish bag limit, and it is the decision of the competitor which fish to kill, and which to return during the day.
The winner will be the competitor with the heaviest 3 fish bag at the end of the day.
If any competitor has killed their 3 fish limit before 3pm, they will be awarded a ‘time bonus’ of 1lb per hour for each full hour remaining.
Pegs will be alloctaed for the competition, and a draw will be made before the start to allocate a peg each. Competitors then move a set number of pegs to the left each hour.
It will take place on the bottom / roadside lake
£25 for a 3 fish limit ticket.
The fish can be filleted once they have been weighed by staff
• Only 3 fish may be killed by each competitor
• Rainbow, Blue and Brown trout may be included in your bag
• There is no restriction on the size of any of the fish which may be killed
• Once the 3 fish have been killed, the competitor may claim a 1lb time bonus for each full hour remaining, as long as you notify the fishery staff when you have your bag.
• You may catch and release after you’re limit has been killed and verified by fishery staff
• All hooks must be barbless
• No Egg-fly or boobies allowed
• Any complaints must be raised immediately with the fishery staff
• Competitors must move X pegs (decided on the day to suit the number of competitors) to the left at the start of each hour. The time will be called by the fishery staff. If a fish is being landed at the time, then move immediately after landing