Fly Fishery Rules and Access Information
Here are the Kilnsey Park Fly Fishery rules. These rules are applied for the enjoyment and safety of all our visitors.
UPDATE: During the Covid-19 outbreak all anglers are asked to abide by the special rules which are displayed around the site – this is to ensure the safety of all.
- Fly fishing only, no baiting whatsoever. No Egg flies or Boobies. Barbless hooks only.
- Fish being returned must be quickly and carefully returned at the water’s edge.
- For your safety, no wading.
- No rod sharing.
- Spectators by permission of fishery staff only.
- Anglers must not act in a way detrimental to other anglers or the fishery – this is particularly important during the Covid-19 outbreak.
- BAG LIMIT
- Number of fish taken as specified on your ticket.
- Rainbow, blue & brown trout may be taken, only one of which may be over 5lb.
- Golden trout must be returned.
- The management reserve the right to inspect cars, tackle bags etc. at any time. Anybody in breach of the rules will be asked to leave immediately.
- If you have purchased your ticket online, please print it off to bring with you. Alternatively you will need to show us the confirmation email on your smartphone. Customers who pay on the day will be issued a ticket by our staff.
- Fishing starts from the time specified on your ticket.
- A junior ticket is for ages 14 and under. Juniors must be accompanied by an adult.
- Anglers aged 16 and over must hold a valid rod fishing licence. Children under 13 do not need a licence. Licences for children aged between 13 and 16 are free – however you’ll still need to get a junior licence online before fishing – see below.
- Rod licences are obtainable by phoning 0344 800 5386 or online by clicking here.
- Your ticket must be kept with you at all times.
- Platforms: For the safety of others and to protect our banks, always fish from the platforms provided and nowhere else.
- Fishing from the pier: You can fish from the wooden pier at all times, although at busy times we may restrict numbers or ask you to rotate to another position.
- Access to view the fish farm: Fishing ticket holders (only) are permitted free access to view the raceways and fish ponds to see the farming process. Please keep your fishing ticket with you and access the farm via the processing unit – UPDATE access to the fish farm is suspended during the Covid-19 outbreak.